Some Recent Assignments
• Teamleader in Financial Management Assessments (FMA) for GAVI (Global Alliance for Vaccinations and Immunisations) in Geneva: Eritrea, Pakistan, Malawi and Indonesia. 2009 - 2010
• Teamleader for assessment of Cour des Comptes in Democratic Rpublic of Congo, for Swedish National Audit Office and AFROSAI-E. 2010
• Teamleader for Public Finance Management Assessment in five Vietnamese provinces: Dien Bien, Lao Cai, Lai Chau, Dak Lak and Dak Nong, in cooperation with Mekong Economics for Danida. 2009.
• Appraisal of new Project Proposal regarding Institutional Cooperation between the Norwegian and Malawian National Audit Offices. For Norad, 2009.
• Six PEFA studies in Zambia, Kenya, Guyana, Malawi, team-leader in Kenya. 1995 – 2008. For Sida, Inter American Development Bank, EC.
• Assignment for development of the annual reporting of the Office of the Auditor General of Zambia. For Norad, 2008.
• Göran Steen was external auditor to European University Institute (EUI) in Florence 2004 – 2008, appointed by the EUI High Council.
• Contracted by the World Bank to read and analyse all the PFM analytical reports on the Caribbean countries (including available PEFA reports), to take stock and write a report and present it a Caribbean regional Conference on PFM Reforms in St Lucia. For the WB, 2008.
• Contracted by Swedish National Financial Management Authority (ESV) 2007 to be responsible for a Government Assignment/Investigation about international use of Public Institutions in Foreign Aid Capacity Building.
• Mid Term Review of the PEMFA programme in Zambia. 2007, For Norad.